Thursday, May 29, 2014

#100happydays (Day #1)

I came across a post on Facebook today.  There is a "movement" (if you can call it a movement) called "100happydays".  Look, you can read about it HERE.

The website reads as follows:

Can you be happy for 100 days in a row?




We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it, isthe base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being.            

71% of people tried to complete this challenge, but failed quoting lack of time as the main reason.These people simpy did not have time to be happy. Do you? 
 
                                                ****

I decided to take the challenge.  The idea is that you focus on the positive things in your life, take a photo of something in your day that made you happy, and then you share a photo of it. 

I was reminded of this blog I started nearly a year ago when we got our dog, Sandy.  I thought it would be fun to share photos and stories about our new dog, but it could also be an opportunity for me to focus on the positive things in my life and share them with friends, family, and anyone else who may come across this blog.

Sometime after I started this blog, life got in the way.  A new puppy (Sandy), a family, a cooking/baking blog, a knitting blog, an Etsy Shop, and then a second Etsy shop, and then another puppy (Brutus) six months after puppy #1... oh yeah, and that pesky full time job of mine.  What was I thinking starting a third blog!?

Reading about "100happy days" has inspired me. I am going to do this! I am going to look for happy things in my life and share at least one of them each day for the next 100 days.

It's going to be a challenge but I am up for it. 

I know this will be good for me.

                                                   ****

#100happydays

Day #1

Today was a great day. I often go to the knit shop on Thursday afternoons for a few hours to knit and, while I am there, I get to see friends... Ann, Marilyn, Harriet, Mysia, and others who come to the shop.  I have not been going a lot this past year due to just being too busy.  I had not seen Harriet in the longest time. 

Today I went to the knit shop and Ann, Marilyn, Harriet, and Mysia were all there!  It was great to see everyone.  I also had a really nice talk with a lady named, Sam. I've met her a number of times before at the knit shop but never really got to talk with her much.  So fun to meet another great lady; she had fascinating stories!  At the knit shop, I also figured out what to do with some gorgeous handspun yarn which I received as a gift from my mother-in-law, Maryellen, for my birthday back in September.   Above you can see a photo to show you the beginning of the new project.

So there you have it.  #100happydays

Happyness is... meeting up with good friends at my local knit shop!


2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Kim! I'm proud of you taking this challenge. (I still can't believe I gave you purple yarn...so not your color!) I look forward to your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!? I ADORE this yarn. It's so gorgeous and so special. I had to find the perfect project to showcase how beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete